Thursday, June 22, 2023

David Droga Is Always Making Shaping and Creating


In this on-camera interview, CNBC’s Tania Bryer asks David Droga, founder of Droga5, CEO of Accenture Song, and the most awarded person in Cannes Lion history, what his secret ingredient is.

Droga replies, “Not piss a lot of people off…No, I don’t know, I’ve always been restless and curious. I’ve been lucky that I’ve worked around the world in different markets, which gave me immense opportunities to work with incredible people. And I just love—going back to creativity, and solving for people—I’ve always loved that. I feel like I’m chasing something. I think for anyone who’s truly creative, there’s no finishing line. You always want to be making, shaping, and creating. So, that’s what I’ve done, and I’ve found a sweet spot where people seem to like the work that I’ve done.”

Bryer follows that question with a question about how AI will impact creativity.

Droga replies, “Look, I think a lot of people are pessimistic, and think AI is just going to devour all of the creativity. And I think, not at all. There’s no question that it’s going to wipe out or eviscerate a lot of mediocre creativity. I don’t mind if the messy mediocre middle disappears. A lot of what AI and generative AI is capable of is probably better than the average thing shoved down people’s throats, and stuff like that. But if it makes things faster…it still is a tool. Creativity is a difference-maker. There will always be room for imagination and critical thinking. Technology and AI are just going to enhance that. But we have to fight for it. We have to earn our place. We need to make sure creativity touches and is relevant to people’s lives. We’re not going to sit on the sidelines. But, it should make it better.”

At the conclusion of the interview, Bryer asks Droga about the values and ethos at Accenture Song.

Droga replies, “We need to solve before we sell… If your starting point is ‘what are we solving for customers and consumers?’ that changes the way you ideate and what you deliver.”



source



from Digital Marketing Education https://ift.tt/6a54LUg

No comments:

Post a Comment