Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Disney’s Asad Ayaz on celebrating fans and creators with ‘Disney100’


Ad Age is marking Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander Heritage Month 2023 with our Honoring Creative Excellence package. (Read the introduction here.) Today, our guest editor Bing Chen turns the spotlight to Asad Ayaz, chief brand officer at The Walt Disney Company and president of marketing at The Walt Disney Studios and Disney+. Here, Ayaz writes about launching “Disney100” during Super Bowl 2023.

During my time at The Walt Disney Company, I’ve had the privilege of working on campaigns for some of the most beloved characters and stories in the world, and each time I have to pinch myself because Disney has held such a special place in my heart since I was a child. Growing up in a South Asian family, I was exposed to a diversity of stories, characters and cultures from a young age, and drawn to the magic, fantasy and adventure of Disney characters, Marvel comics and Star Wars movies.

I feel blessed to work with an incredibly talented and diverse marketing team that works hard to make each campaign feel unique and special in its own way, but working on Disney’s momentous 100-year milestone campaign “Disney100,” which we kicked off with a spot during this year’s Super Bowl, has been a true honor. Not only because of what it means to me but, more importantly, what it means to our fans around the world.



source



from Digital Marketing Education https://ift.tt/TSDnMsu

No comments:

Post a Comment