Sunday, February 12, 2023

Shaggy on making Super Bowl music for Jeep


Tell us more about how the “Electric Boogie” remake came together.

Once [Francois] got in touch with me about it, I said, ‘Hey, I know how to make this happen.’ I’m good friends with Griffiths. So I called Marcia and asked if she would be involved in it. And she was totally … very excited.

We came up with an idea to have a situation where she’s ‘passing the baton’ and so we put three emerging acts that are happening in Jamaica—Amber Lee, Jamila Falak and Moyann, who is an up-and-coming dancehall artist. These girls are very popular within Jamaica, you know, and it was great to have a platform be available to them.

When you were recording the song, did you use video of the ad to instruct the tune in any way?

I worked with a video, yeah. It wasn’t the full thing. It was kind of a mock-up of what the video would have been like. 

How tricky was it timing the song to the ad?

The mock-up that they gave us, once we got the groove in, it kind of worked really, really well. Of course, they had to do some tweaking afterwards, but it really kind of worked very, very well. So I think we lucked out there. And I wanted it to have a modern dance feel and then we had to check the tempo. It really magically worked for us.

You were in a Super Bowl ad a couple of years ago for Cheetos. What does that exposure do for your career?

I mean, it’s always good to know that you’re on television. On that particular one, it was ‘It Wasn’t Me’ which was a really big record already. [The Super Bowl] certainly keeps you visible. The Super Bowl is always a great platform to be on.



source



from Digital Marketing Education https://ift.tt/XAo4MFO

No comments:

Post a Comment