Thursday, January 26, 2023

Renata Maia, Wunderman Thompson Health’s new CCO: 5 questions


You spent much of your career on the consumer side of advertising. What made you shift into health in 2019?

I had this enormous desire to bring creativity to the pharma and health and wellness industry, and I knew I was going to be touching something so powerful working in a category that will really help people’s lives. We’re talking about oncology or a product that could give the possibility of people having a better life. That is incredibly powerful. It also became very clear to me that health is an important subject for every brand. It’s not an option anymore. If you’re not someone who is starting to think about specializing in that way, you will be left behind.

How does DE&I intersect with health and the way you work?

The core of DE&I is about diversity. It’s about equity, it’s about inclusion. Health is not only about science. I grew up in Brazil, my brother’s German, my sister’s Brazilian, my grandfather’s British and the other grandfather’s Portuguese. When Wunderman Thompson Health hired me, they said to me, ‘Renata, you have worked worldwide, you come from an eclectic family. We want that.’ It’s so important when you have a different background to be open-minded and understand different points of view. It’s about collaboration. WPP has always seen that.

Where do you see the landscape of advertising in the health sector changing in 2023?

There are a few. One is the drastic increase in the importance of mental health. Another is a huge trend from the use of AI in healthcare, which is so exciting and offers us a way to reduce the disparity in healthcare. Technology overall is pushing our industry to break boundaries and change by the second. It’s pretty clear we are in a new age of collaboration and innovation. When you bring the knowledge, innovation and the power of storytelling, I think the future of health has never been so bright.



source



from Digital Marketing Education https://ift.tt/fEHrORb

No comments:

Post a Comment